Product recommended: Glaze ‘N Seal Stone Sealant Impregnator is a water base sealer that provides a no shine “natural look” and premium resistance to stains, oil & water on polished natural stone. Can be used interior and exterior.
Application equipment: White cotton towels, clean lambs wool applicator, dense sponge, sprayer or paint pad applicator.
Procedure: Read product label directions carefully and test a small area to insure satisfactory results before proceeding.
Grout according to manufacturer’s directions Clean as you grout to minimize water contact. Be sure stone is clean, free of grout haze, and dry before final seal of stone and grout. Wait at least 24 hours, or more.
- Sweep or vacuum surface.
- Apply one (1) liberal, even coat of Glaze `N Seal Stone Sealant Impregnator with a lambs wool applicator, sponge or sprayer. Apply extra sealer on grout areas.
- Wipe surface dry of excess sealant after 10 minutes with clean, white cotton towels or rags.
- Allow surface to dry at least four (4) hours, or overnight, before allowing limited traffic.
NOTE: Glaze `N Seal Stone Sealant Impregnator is a water-based, “natural look” sealant that forms a barrier that resists moisture and stains – even oil! It is especially appropriate for high traffic areas and in food preparation and serving areas where maximum stain resistance is desired. For denser surfaces or when water resistance is a concern, (such as granite counter tops or a shower area), we recommend Glaze ‘N Seal’s solvent base Stain Defense Sealer be used instead of Stone Sealant Impregnator.
OPTIONAL APPROACH: If color enhancement is desired consider using (Glaze ‘N Seal Stone Color Enhancer a penetrating, non-film forming sealer that will enhance a porous surface). Read directions carefully and ALWAYS test first.
Product Recommendation: Glaze `N Seal’s Neutral Cleaner
Cleaning Equipment: Synthetic mop and bucket with wringer or sponge.
- Vacuum or sweep surface.
- Mix 2 to 4 ounces of Glaze `N Seal Neutral Cleaner per gallon of water.
- Apply solution onto the surface and allow to dwell on surface 3-5 minutes.
- Agitate with a clean sponge or mop.
- Use mop or wet-vac to remove dirty solution.
- Rinse mop and change cleaning solution at least every 500 sq.ft. or as needed for large areas.
- (Optional) Rinse with mild solution of 1 ounce of Glaze ‘N Seal Neutral Cleaner per gallon of clean water to remove all soil and mineral residue.
- gallon of clean water to remove all soil and mineral residue.
- (Optional) Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Periodic Heavy-Duty Cleaning
Product Recommendation: Glaze `N Seal’s Heavy Duty Cleaner.
Cleaning Equipment: Synthetic mop and bucket with wringer, and scrub brush or scrub machine.
- Sweep or vacuum surface.
- Mix one (1) part Glaze `N Seal’s Heavy Duty Cleaner to 15 parts water.
- Apply solution on to surface allow to dwell on surface 3-5 minutes.
- Agitate with scrub brush or scrub machine.
- Use mop or wet-vac to remove dirty solutions.
- Rinse mop and change cleaning solution at least every 100 sqft. or as needed for larger areas.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE TIPS
- Vacuum or sweep the surface daily to remove loose dirt and soil.
- Use protective felt pads on legs of moveable furniture.
- Promptly wipe up any spills to minimize the risk of staining.